12 aromas for the home
- The smell of freshness in the house. When you promise to vacuum, apply a few drops of lavender to a piece of cotton wool and suck it into the vacuum cleaner. Now, wherever you vacuum, the vacuum cleaner will leave a touch of Provençal lavender everywhere! There is a recipe to help fight dust mites (it includes several essential oils) – you can use it in the same way And then your home will have a pleasant smell, in addition, you will get rid of some dust mites!
- get rid of the unpleasant smell in the fridge. A drop of 1 drop of lavender essential oil and 1 drop of lemon essence on a porous stone, such as a terracotta or a clay plate, or just a piece of gauze (but in this case, the essential oil will evaporate faster) and put it in the fridge door. Repeat this procedure regularly.
- get rid of the unpleasant smell of the trash can. Wash and dry the bin, drop 1 drop of lavender essential oil and 1 drop of tea tree essential oil on a porous stone, piece of gauze or cotton wool and place it on the bottom of the bin.
- “Refresh the microwave oven. Drop 3 drops of lemon or peppermint in a water bowl. Heat the water for 3 minutes.
- Deodorize the toilet. You will need a small saucer on which to place two or three small, porous stones – you can pick them up in nature – and a few drops of lavender, ylang ylang or pine. Repeat the procedure once a week. Your toilet will always smell good and you will also get rid of many bacteria and germs.
- Flavoured underwear. It is now very fashionable to add essential oils during the wash. But you don’t have to limit yourself to just some of the flavors at your fingertips! There are two ways:
– First, you can put a piece of terry cloth on which to drop 7 drops of essential oils of lavender, peppermint, rose or eucalyptus (or your favourite essential oil) during the drying process;
- Secondly, you can drop 3 drops of these essential oils into the water that you pour into the ironing iron. Don’t be afraid that essential oils o put stains on your underwear – they are low-fat.
- Essential oils clean and disinfect any surface. Drops of 30 drops of lavender, tea tree and/or lemon essential oils (note: only 30 drops, not 30 drops of each oil!) in 1 liter of alcoholic vinegar. Shake it well. This inexpensive and simple solution cleans and disinfects absolutely any surface.
- Removal of scale and mineral deposits on the sink, in the bath, in the pot, in the electric kettle, etc. Use the above solution (for cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces): alcoholic vinegar is an excellent detergent. It is much more effective when heated or even boiling, so feel free to pour the liquid directly into the kettle and leave it there for a few minutes to an hour. After this procedure, your kettle will be completely clean and free of microbes due to the bactericidal properties of essential oils.
- “Room deodorant. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to the sprayer (e.g. the one you use to moisturise the leaves of room flowers). Shake and spray well throughout the room.
- Get rid of insects. Instead of using poisonous insecticides that are harmful to both humans and pets, smell bad and act briefly, spray better with the essential oils recommended for this purpose. Lavender, cedar and eucalyptus can also be very effective. If you don’t have a sprayer, it’s not a problem – just add a few drops to the hot water bowl and put it in the room or drop it on the pieces of cotton wool and then scatter it everywhere.
- Homemade “antimolus”. On a small wooden cube, porous stones or even a piece of gauze (then it is better to put it in a cloth bag) drop 5 drops of cypress essential oil and 5 drops of lavender essential oil. Put it in the wardrobe with the laundry. Change them regularly.
- Home remedy for ants. Drops of 5 drops of lavender essential oil + 10 drops of peppermint in ¼ litre of water and pour everything into the sprayer. Spray liquid all over the ants path, especially where the anthill is supposed to be. Repeat the procedure several times a day for several days in a row.